I can not believe I have been going to Bass Lake for four years. We drove up to Lindsey and Lesa Manns casa in Visailia Fri the 24 to begin our trip. The drive was great and we were glad we stopped to rest before going up to camp! The first day consisted of setting up camp, letting Lainey eat dirt, and checking out the surroundings. After church on Sunday we packed snacks and headed to the Mariposa Groves where we went on a long strenuous hike. Bonnie and I carried ours girls up to the museum...where we hoped there would be cold beverages but there was not. We enjoying seeing many deer and amazing large trees( I forgot my camera that day). Monday we awoke and used the double stroller for a brisk walk. We agreed we would walk every day to work the delicious food off! That same day we hiked to the potholes where there was tons of poison oak and beautiful waterfalls. Thank goodness we did not get poison oak. Tuesday consisted of a longer walk to The Pines resort, a swim to the falls which was intence yet beautiful, and my parents arriving. Wednesday we competed in a group triathlon where John swam, my dad biked, and I ran. It was intence and I for sure need to train for next year. I got a nasty cough that day and i was not active the rest of the time...exept for walks. Thurday John, my parents, Lainey and myself headed to Yosemite for a day trip. We Enjoyed Lunch together then split so we could hike to the bridge..can you say vertical! Once we met up again we headed to the Awahnee to check it out then headed home to fix dinner. That car ride is NOT enjoyable..but we did see a bear on the way home. That night was talent night and it was awesome...another thing to get ready for next year! Friday was chill and fun at the same time. We went back and forth sleeping under the stars or in a tent...i am still scared of the dark and animals...a raccoon woke me up one night and i swore it was a bear...glad it wasn't:) Saturday we packed up, stopped at jamba and taco bell, headed to the Manns for a quick dip in the pool and set off for SD. We unpacked when we got home and it made all the difference! Family is the best!

1 comment:
what fun!!!! Maybe we can come next year...or at least me and the boys since Kevin will be studying for the Bar.
Post a Comment